Thursday, March 31, 2011

Managing Yourself

This is why I wrote the book, "Managing Yourself and Others."



<https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/39685?ref=JerryWeinberg>



Mostly, it's about congruence!

Amplify’d from techcrunch.com

By far the most difficult skill for me to learn as CEO was the ability to manage my own psychology. Organizational design, process design, metrics, hiring and firing were all relatively straightforward skills to master compared to keeping my mind in check. Over the years, I’ve spoken to hundreds of CEOs all with the same experience. Nonetheless, very few people talk about it, and I have never read anything on the topic. It’s like the fight club of management: The first rule of the CEO psychological meltdown is don’t talk about the psychological meltdown.

At risk of violating the sacred rule, I will attempt to describe the condition and prescribe some techniques that helped me. In the end, this is the most personal and important battle that any CEO will face.

Read more at techcrunch.com
 

No comments: